Jaime Herrera Beutler Invites Southwest Washington High Schoolers to Participate in the 2018 Congressional Art Competition
U.S. Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler announced today that her office is accepting submissions for the 2018 Congressional Art CompetitionU.S. Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler announced today that her office is accepting submissions for the 2018 Congressional Art Competition.
The Congressional Art Competition is open to all high school students, grades 9-12, who attend a school in Southwest Washington’s 3rd Congressional District.
The winner of the competition will have his or her artwork displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol Building. The winner will also receive free airfare for themselves and one guest to attend the annual ribbon-cutting ceremony in Washington D.C. The second and third place winners will be invited to display their artwork in Jaime’s congressional office.
The submission deadline this year is April 18, 2018.
“I always look forward to seeing the artistry and creativity that comes from Southwest Washington high school students and I know this year will be no exception,” Jaime said. “I’m proud to offer this opportunity to our students and give them a platform to demonstrate their talent.”
About the art competition:
• Artwork must be two-dimensional. Each framed artwork can be no larger than 26 inches high, 26 inches wide, and 4 inches deep and should weigh no more than 15 pounds.
• Accepted mediums for the two-dimensional artwork are as follows:
o Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
o Drawings: colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)
o Collages: must be two dimensional
o Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
o Mixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
o Computer-generated art
• Each entry must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate U.S. copyright laws.
• Artwork should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org via a photo with a student release form.
• Entries will be evaluated by a blue ribbon panel of judges from counties within Southwest Washington’s 3rd Congressional District.
For the official rules and regulations as well as student release forms, please contact Chelsea Burunov at email@example.com or 360-695-6292.